Pray for Peru: BMS workers need your prayers today
The land of Machu Picchu, rainforests and stunning mountains is loved by God and served by faithful Christians. All of BMS World Mission’s workers in the beautiful and diverse country of Peru will value your prayers this week
Local Peruvian BMS workers America
are running social and recreational projects, as well as discipleship programmes for children and families in the town of Chincha.
• Pray that America and Jorge receive fresh energy when they are feeling tired.
• Pray they are encouraged in their work, and pray for the children they are serving. Pray they experience joy and form strong friendships.
run an after-school club at the BMS-founded El Puente Baptist Church in Cusco (pictured). We rejoice that a church founded by BMS is now being led by Peruvian Christians and we give thanks for the privilege of partnering with them.
• Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in Denise and Melany’s lives and ministry. Pray they would feel guided in making decisions, and every day they would sense the joy that knowing Christ brings.
• Pray for Pastor Amilcar
at the church. Pray for continued wisdom in his work, and that he would feel God’s strength in his meetings and conversations.
Daniel and Regiane Clark
are based in Lima, working at the Baptist Seminary. They also support children and adults in deprived areas, helping to organise medical check-ups with a team of volunteers that includes a doctor, nurse, dentist and a psychologist.
• Pray for Daniel’s teaching at the Seminary to be blessed and for Regiane to sense God’s presence in her administrative work and with student placements.
• Pray for the medical work they support. Pray that God would provide the resources needed to help people who are sick.
Please pray for Pastor Luis, who is doing great work in Peru, helping people find Christ.
is serving at the BMS-supported Nauta Integral Mission Training Centre, where Christian leaders from river communities in the Amazon region are taught theology and biblical literacy, as well as practical skills in caring for their land.
• Pray that Pastor Luis
senses your encouragement today. Pray that he feels a fresh sense of conviction in his teaching, and that doors are opened for him to show the love of Christ.
• Pray that supported partner workers Judith
feel lifted up today, with fresh enthusiasm and energy, and discernment in their work.
• Pray for all the students
who have attended the training programme. Pray they would lead their communities wisely, reflecting God’s love for them.
Baptist ministers Dave and Michele Mahon
and their three children are based in the city of Iquitos, in northern Peru. They work with nine churches in their region and support the running of the Nauta Integral Mission Training Centre.
• Dave, Michele and their children Jonathan, Ruth and Phoebe, arrived in Iquitos last month. Pray that they settle in well.
• Pray that Dave and Michele find local people to come alongside them in their work, and that Dave builds strong relationships with pastors.
Watch the latest update from the Mahon family here:
is helping to develop the Nauta Integral Mission Training Centre. As an environmental scientist, she’s teaching community leaders sustainable ways to care for their land.
• Pray for Laura-Lee to find extra strength this week as pastors from river communities are trained at the centre. Please pray that more pastors attend the training, and that they arrive safely.
• Pray for the pastors training at the centre. Pray they would be inspired by what Laura and her colleagues teach them, and that they would encourage others to come forward and learn.
Watch a behind the scenes tour of Laura-Lee Lovering's workplace:
Lori and Neil Brighton
are BMS volunteers serving at the Nauta Integral Mission Training Centre. Lori is helping with the centre’s finances, and Neil is helping to redevelop the training course for pastors.
• Pray for their Spanish language development so they can become more effective in their roles.
• Pray the Holy Spirit would guide them in their work, and they would sense the support of people around the world praying for them.
Thank you so much for praying with our mission workers today, and for your continued support of them.
For daily prayer updates, please follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
This story was originally published on the BMS World Mission website and is used with permission.