Banner Image:   About-Us-banner
Template Mode:   About Us
    Post     Tweet

National Settlement Team 

The appointment of ministers to new churches or other ministry settings is called 'settlement'. For many years now, this process of settlement has been overseen by the National Settlement Team, or NST. In May 2021, a new Baptists Together Settlement Process , or BTSP, will be introduced and his page will change in May to reflect the transition. In the meantime, the existing NST process remains in place, and is outlined here: 

The National Settlement Team (NST) meets nine times each year to help ministers, including those in their final year of training, to settle in churches that are seeking ministry. NST is administered by the Ministries Team but churches and ministers access the system through the Regional Minister in the association where they are situated. 
NST is composed of one representative from each of:

  • the thirteen regional associations;
  • the Baptist Union of Scotland; and
  • the Ministries Team. 

Ministers looking to move, and ministers-in-training who are approaching the end of their college programme, write a nomination profile. This outlines their theological principles, experience, priorities and personal details. It is passed to their Regional Minister. Similarly, churches seeking new or additional ministry submit a church profile to their Regional Minister that outlines their situation and ministry needs and hopes. NST consider all the profiles submitted and then suggest a number of names to each church for them to pursue if they feel led to do so.
All churches that are seeking accredited ministry, whether for a pastor, evangelist, children’s, youth and families worker, or for a pioneering project leader, are listed on the Pastoral Vacancy List (PVL). This is available to view on a password protected section of this website. All active accredited ministers and ministerial students have received personal login details.

If you have any questions about moving on in ministry or about finding a minister, please contact your Regional Minister.

    Post     Tweet